The stadium was constructed in 1960 on a 4-acre land. In addition to the field and spectator-seating of 1000, it has a changing room, coach room, and a Multi-Gym. Important tournaments have been organized here that include All India Gurmeet Memorial Hockey, National Women Hockey 1989 and All India Invitation Hockey Tournament. Besides, Canadian & England clubs have also played friendly ties here. In the
memory of Sh. Dharam Singh, a six-n-side hockey tournament has also been introduced since 2003. A new six-a-side hockey Astroturf ground has also been created. The automatic gun sprinkler system has also been installed.